Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fort armor advice

Ladder. Found a Lo with my strafezon today (and a Gul seconds later, dumb luck), so I'd like to make Fortitude armor. I have a superior Wire Fleece 14% ed, 13% max dur, 549 defense, no sockets. I'd need to use my last socket quest for the 4 sockets. I'm wondering if this would be an ideal armor to make Fortitude with? Would the max dur factor make it insanely expensive to repair? I use Demon Limb on switch already (10k+ to repair per charge) and have little in the way of GF or MF. So she doesn't collect much wealth. Current gear is WF, LoH, Stealskull, Gores, Duress, Ravenfrost, Credendum, rare ring....

Or should I just run the pits for a decent DS, AP, etc to cube for the sockets?|||I like Wire Fleece.

Unnecessary STR requirement compared to Archon Plate, the most popular light armour, but I like the looks.

Being Superior, the expenses will be HUGE to repair, but the Amazon won't be getting hit often, so this won't be a problem. I'd say, go for it.

My Strafer has a Forti and Faith bow. The extra gold in Faith helps in those expenses with lots to spare, I even have to gamble with her to spend the excess gold.|||I wouldnt make it in that. For me, its a 15ed that matters(for resale value, Im not planning on selling it, but you never know in the future )

And if you make it in a enhanched durability armor, the repair cost is gonna go skyhigh, so my advice is to make it in a 15ed Archon Plate or 15ed Dusk Shroud.|||because of insane rals drops, i wounder even care what armor you making any runewords, there's like 100% to find ral before your dura is 0.|||I also like the looks of Fleece. Best looking armor for a Zon IMO (splint mail family also looks good though if you like the shiny look).

And while Rals are common, I prefer the lazy route of just using non-excep armor and gold to repair. =)|||The skimpy armors definitely fit the sexy big-bosom style of zons better so Archons and other bigger armors that hide that are not the way to go|||http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Armor_Appearance

Archon looks downright ugly. I like Splint and Studded families the best, as I said above. Dusk looks a little too simple but at least it's not the horrorshow of Archon.|||Yeah I usually pick my armor for looks, rather than the extra ~20-40 point difference in base def. Light elite armors, of course. I have a 4os sup Wyrmhide ElSolDol waiting for me to get a Lo for it Last season her Fort was a GH, that was good for a shiny gold look. Too bad Scale Mail is heavy, I'd love to rock the all-black zon suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment