Thursday, April 19, 2012

LF/FA Javazon - late game skill point distribution

I'm currently lvl 81, and just killed Hell Izual. I had about 30 skill points saved up when I entered Hell, because before that all I needed was max Charged Strike and Lightning Fury.

When I got to Hell I maxed Frozen Arrow and have been working on the Cold Arrow synergy (17 at the moment, almost done).

So I know what I'm doing with skill points, but I have a number stat points saved up that I need to use.

Base/gear:

156/175 STR

123/147 DEX

*95/147 VIT

*15/*35 NRG

STR is for Spirit Monarch, because I always have a hard time getting +skills on my characters. DEX was for a nice rare Hyperion Javelin (60-164 1h damage, 8% life leech). It's actually strong enough that I can leech a good deal and not take *forever* to kill LIs with pure physical damage, although that's mostly what FA is for. I wish it had +skills or IAS though.

My resists suck no matter what I do but that's neither here nor there I guess.

The main question: I have 106 stat points left unspent. Before I dump every last one in VIT, is there any reason why I might want to increase STR or DEX above current? I'm not going to see many more levels after 81 (88 is the highest I've ever leveled a character) so if I spend it now, that's basically it.

(Edit: Oh hey, Hell Hellforge, will I get a decent rune for once... ::clicks:: Io... I hate this game sometimes. ;_; )|||Do you have respecs left?

Just dump them all in vitality. If you ever find the need to have more dex (which is quite unlikely, only upgrade titans are possible though don't need much more so you can just charm some dex if needed (or work with a switch)) you can always respec.|||Quote:








Do you have respecs left?




I can't upgrade to 1.13 (as much as I would *love* to get rid of IM and actually be able to level in the Chaos Sanctuary for once in my life, and as much as I would *love* highlighted runes...) because the resolution mod I use is 1.12 only, sadly. And the game is just unplayable at 800x600 for me. This mod is the only thing that got me back into the game after all those years. (I play single player only.)

Also for some reason I thought respecs were skill points only, huh. Would make sense for it to be both though.


Quote:




Just dump them all in vitality. If you ever find the need to have more dex (which is quite unlikely, only upgrade titans are possible though don't need much more so you can just charm some dex if needed (or work with a switch)) you can always respec.




Guess VIT it is. Thanks.|||If you're playing at higher than 800x600, especially with a ranged char like amazon, then you're playing in such an 'easy mode' that its more or less effectively cheating. You're able to see and target enemies before you enter their awareness radius, meaning you can see and shoot them without them being able to shoot you first.

800x600 really isnt that bad...if your problem is that your native resolution is a lot higher and the Diablo window is tiny, then 1.13 also lets you resize the window. It'll look a little pixelated by comparison, but no worse than it does on anyone else's screen.

I'd recommend upgrading to 1.13 for all the bonuses you get, especially as you mentioned things like respecs and no IM, which for SP is even more clutch than for bnetters, not to mention the chance at actually finding your own HRs.|||Quote:








If you're playing at higher than 800x600 [blah blah]




Fairly certain that's not what this thread was about, nor am I remotely interested in your opinion on the mod, which just repeats the same arguments I didn't care about all the other times I read them. I play the game to have fun, not to earn internet cred for being a "hardcore gamer". I almost never touch video games anymore as it is, outside of spontaneous little bursts of D2 once or twice a year. (Also the 1.13 resizing looks like garbage, I tried it when the update first came out, and immediately reverted to 1.12. Terribly bugged fire enchanted mod would have killed it anyway, unless they fixed it.)|||The main question is if you feel the need to spend those stat points. If you are doing ok with the life you have now there is no need to pump vit.

Otherwise look at gear options/upgrades, it's pretty sure you are never going to need more strength. As for dex, Thunderstrokes require 151 dex, and the highest dex bow you might want to use (Melody in a Matriarchal bow) requires 187.

(The FE bug is fixed BTW )|||Quote:








...nor am I remotely interested in your opinion on the mod, which just repeats the same arguments I didn't care about all the other times I read them...




Apparently you care enough to leave a mean-spirited response about it.

And, incidentally, you may care about the fact that there are only a handful of mods that are forum-approved, and the more unintended advantage a mod gives you, the more likely it is to be frowned on and earn you a ban from the SP Trade Forum, among other things.

But if you dont care about that, then I can happily not care about what happens to you either.|||leave it alone, guys, before it gets out of hand. The thread started out nice enough.

veryfakename, your tetchy response to Droid was a little unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment