Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ice Maiden Questions

So I had a chance to playtest one of these and they're quite fun, I enjoy the crowd killing and lining up targets to multiply damage. Plus the charms are unique and fun, cold damage and bow charms

What armor is best? I'm mainly between CoH and Fort. CoH has the resists and frozen arrow damage, while Fort has enhanced physical damage to help deal with cold immunes and the cool aspect of a frost maiden having frozen armor

For merc, I'm torn between a faith act 1 merc for the extra frame, and an Infinity merc for the -def and resist.

I try to compensate for the builds weaknesses while emphasizing strengths.

Weaknesses: Huge mana cost, can't leech undead, cold immunes, snail-like boss killing pace.

I've considered having a tstroke/titans switch to pull out for bosses/immunes with Charged Strike, and while that improves boss killing speed it's still a little meh, but I don't want to lose my frozen arrow emphasis (I like having it do 4.5k cold every pierce)|||Fort, it'll help with CIs and improve your leeching damage

Strafe should be able to refill your mana bulb vs leechable monsters

Infinity, you'll get better damage with the -res than with the extra IAS, plus a second tank|||I would go with CoH. The +skills and resists are main issues, since Freezing Arrow is quite weak already, it really needs good +cold damage charms, + %cold damage items to shine.

I would use an Insight/Might merc, since Infinity won't break cold immunes. If you don't have mana issues(hard not to with this build), use Obedience in merc, better solution, since it's quite powerful, and will help you immensely against bosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment