Thursday, April 19, 2012

Why would anyone ever want a 2 frame Strafe?

Watch this video before answering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSQc9LHSXp8



Yes, obviously he has modified the game, but that's not the point - that's just to prove there is a bug with 2 frame strafe.



Can anyone comment on this?



Should we all be trying for 9/3 instead of 9/2 or 8/2?|||I'd consider that bug to already be well known around here.

Yes, there's not point trying to achieve a 2 frame follow up so aiming for 9/3 is a better idea. However since there's such a small difference between 10/3 and 9/3 you really don't even have to aim for 9/3 either if you'll be sacrificing something else to reach it.

That said I prefer using both strafe and multi, so I'll still need to get the IAS to hit my multi breakpoint of choice.|||I had just read some guides in the stickies, and the recommendations were for wearing the gear to get to 8/2.... maybe they were kinda old.



Thanks for the confirmation.|||So, I had gone with an Act 1 Faith Merc, but since I'm a Strafer, and now I'm shooting for a 3 frame follow up rather than the 2 frame bugged follow up, doesn't it make more sense for me to ditch the Faith Merc and get and Act 2 Might Merc?



Reason being is that I want to use Laying of Hands, and in conjunction with Windforce, this would bring me to 40% IAS which is 8/2 which I do not want (only 35% IAS is needed thanks to Level 15 Fanaticism). So long story, short, I can't avoid being at the bugged strafe speed with the Act 1 Faith Merc.



Without the Faith Merc, 46% would get me to 10/3 (Windforce with a 40/15 and Laying of Hands for instance), or 80% would get me to 9/3 (add Andy's with a 40/15).|||For Strafe only with Windforce, you dont need any more IAS. So the Might merc(with Pride), is a better option yes.|||My build is this:

20 Strafe

20 Critical Strike

20 Penetrate

10 Valk (17 after + skills)

2 Pierce (100% Pierce with Razortail after + skills)

So where should I put the rest of my points? More in Valk? Dodge/Avoid/Evade? Decoy? Or do I max Guided Arrow for bosses - is it necessary for bosses?|||I would boost Valk.|||Is Guided necessary at all with a Strafe build? Even with the 1 point there as a prerequisite for Strafe, are you using Guided over Strafe for bosses for instance?|||Quote:








Is Guided necessary at all with a Strafe build? Even with the 1 point there as a prerequisite for Strafe, are you using Guided over Strafe for bosses for instance?




It's still ok against Baal if you have mana problems or ar problems.

With good items and high level char I use only strafe against bosses.|||Quote:








So, I had gone with an Act 1 Faith Merc, but since I'm a Strafer, and now I'm shooting for a 3 frame follow up rather than the 2 frame bugged follow up, doesn't it make more sense for me to ditch the Faith Merc and get and Act 2 Might Merc?



Reason being is that I want to use Laying of Hands, and in conjunction with Windforce, this would bring me to 40% IAS which is 8/2 which I do not want (only 35% IAS is needed thanks to Level 15 Fanaticism). So long story, short, I can't avoid being at the bugged strafe speed with the Act 1 Faith Merc.



Without the Faith Merc, 46% would get me to 10/3 (Windforce with a 40/15 and Laying of Hands for instance), or 80% would get me to 9/3 (add Andy's with a 40/15).




IMO there's no point in actively avoiding the bugged 2 frame follow-up. It's not going to hurt you in any way.



If you're using any skill other than strafe there's good reason to stack up on IAS. If you're exclusively using strafe, it would make more sense to maximize your damage with a 3 frame follow-up, but still there's no point in avoiding gear that puts you in the 2 frame follow-up range.



Other things to consider are breakpoints when decrepified or influenced by a holy freeze aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment