Saturday, April 21, 2012

amazon question

I am doing a bulid with the amazon just using a one

handed weapon and shield, and putting all my skills

in passive and magic skills. My question is when I am

in combat and a lot of bad guys are in my face the amazon

freezes up all the time. I am in nightmare and this happens all

the time.|||Yes, that will happen. Dodge/Evade/Avoid all have long animations. Amazons also have terrible block rate using 1h weapons (except daggers. Zons block fast when using daggers).

The best way to deal with this is to let your Valk and merc engage enemies first and summon your Decoy on top of enemies so that whatever you are fighting is busy attacking something else while you sneak up from behind.|||Define freezes up?



there is a problem/bug/feature - you never know with blizzard - that cause amazon to have horrible - like a second and a half - block rate when using a shield and a one handed swing weapon.

Is that what you are using?

If so, I assume this is your problem and there are 2 things you can do. One is to no use a shield. Should solve the block problem. other solution is to use a stabbing weapon such as a dagger or javelin.

Hope that helps.|||It's a common problem. I suppose you invested into Dodge and Avoid, and they are now making things worse?

Are you using Valkyrie/Decoy? Do you have a mercenary to help take some attention away from you? If there's archers hitting you, Slow Missiles/the 'Gloom' runeword can help. Since it's Nightmare, you can also consider 'Stone', since it helps with FHR and Clay Golem is semi-sturdy and helps draw crowds. Also, if your block animation is causing some of the problems, consider getting a quick-block shield like Whistan's Guard.

[edit] This is what I get for taking a phone call and then typing up my post. >_>|||Thanks for all the answers I started using titan's revenge and that

seem to solve the problem, but how do I deal with physical immune

creatures in hell?|||IMO D/E/A and sloooow block with 1h swing weapons are the big issues with a melee zon since you're gonna constantly be unable to attack due to the defensive animations. To me, the point of those particular passives are to protect more fragile ranged builds, but that really works against you when attacking toe to toe. My javazon has tons of life and block, but without D/E/A she was still more squishy than I liked... with it she's tough as nails but unless I get the jump on monsters she has to back off otherwise attacks mostly miss.

Anyway point I'm trying to make is that to me the zon really wasn't designed for anything other than jav/bow in mind, so my suggestion would simply be to ditch D/E/A and sacrifice the Valk if you're going 1h melee, otherwise respec and regear to ranged and she'll really shine.|||Reaper's Toll (ctc Decrepify) on your merc will break PIs along with a Lacerator (ctc Amplify Damage) on switch. Gimmershred or Demon's Arch for elemental damage.|||I understand reaper but lacerator seems more like a joke weapon? its 50% cast terror and 33% cast amp so monsters just run away lol|||yes Terror overwrites Amp, so having two CtC curses on a weapon makes it greatly impractical|||Not many monsters(only uniques) are immune to both lightning and physical. If your using a jav, lightning bolt or fury handles that good enough.

If your attack speed is really high, using jab can break through D/A/E's annoying bug frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment