Saturday, April 21, 2012

Strafezon trouble with Hell Diablo

I have a level 89 amazon built to run the pits and chaos sanc. She can do both of these areas very well, but her trouble is Diablo. Everytime I clear CS, Diablo tears me a new one. I have low fire res (21) and low-ish life (700), so his torch and fire ring really hurt. I have read suggestions about trying to position yourself right where he spawns, because when you are so close, his fire attacks won't hurt you.. but I can't get it right and keep dying. When I try and stay far away, he always ignores my valk and decoy even when I try to cast them behind him or near him. I used to have reaper's toll on an A2 merc, so Diablo would be decrep, and I could kill him. With the A1 merc, I can't figure it out. What do you suggest?

Skills are:

20 strafe

20 valk

20 penetrate

~10 multi

~8 decoy

~4 pierce

rest in critical strike/dodge/evade/avoid

Equips are:

WF

Stealskull (Ptopaz)

Dusk Fort

Highlords (trying to get an atma's)

Razortail

LoH

dual ravenfrost

War Travs

torch/anni/mf charms

Merc:

7/7/19 vamp gaze

treachery

faith crusader (1skill 15fanat)|||Well, while you can run him without any resistance, even in the negatives, depending on your skill, I'd rather be on the safe side and max at least Fire and Lightning resistances.

It's not that hard, make do with charms if you don't have the equipment necessary.

Also, Gore Rider boots are a better choice when running bosses, as Strafe and Crushing Blow will drop his life quite quickly. When you get that Atma's his life will really go down fast.|||Travs work out fine for me: the +damage is nice to have even on a non-MFer. CB's effectiveness is pretty tiny for ranged attacks on bosses. My equipment is very similar to yours except I use a dual leech ring instead of one raven, Kira's helm instead of Stealskull, and Atma's instead of Highlords. You could also try a Dwarf Star or Rising Sun if you need more help against fire. Good luck!|||Quote:








Travs work out fine for me: the +damage is nice to have even on a non-MFer. CB's effectiveness is pretty tiny for ranged attacks on bosses. My equipment is very similar to yours except I use a dual leech ring instead of one raven, Kira's helm instead of Stealskull, and Atma's instead of Highlords. You could also try a Dwarf Star or Rising Sun if you need more help against fire. Good luck!




this is kinda dumb: "my equipment is very similar" except for over half of it.|||Hey buddy, let's tone down the snark a little bit.

Helm: different

Ammy: he's going the same place anyway

Armor: same

Weapon: same

Ring 1: different

Ring 2: same

Glove: same

Boot: same

Charms: same

Please let me know how over half of our equipment is different, or take back your knee-jerk attempt at criticism. Alternately, perhaps we can continue an attempt at a constructive conversation, in the spirit and intent of my original post.

In that vein, I'd like to clarify that the changes between our equipment directly contribute to the survivability of my build. I realize that part of the goal of this character is to magic-find, but remember that the priorities of MFing are (1) survivability (2) attack power (3) %MF in that order. You may wish to use equipment such as the Shako which boosts skills (for passive defenses), life, damage reduction, and MF, and socket accordingly to further patch the necessary holes. Remember that 200-300 MF is plenty to start, and you can easily get halfway there using just charms in the inventory, so feel free to optimize your equipment for the first two priorities (stay alive, kill stuff). Good luck!|||Quote:




CB's effectiveness is pretty tiny for ranged attacks on bosses.




While nerfed in ranged attacks, if anything, CB shine on bosses. Don't forget that Strafe fires a minimum of 7 arrows, each carrying 15% of applying CB. This is very significant.

It's a matter of personal taste either using Gores or Travelers, but if you intend to kill act bosses, Gores is a no-brainer.|||@curby i'm not your buddy and it wasnt snarky. tone doesnt translate well, sorry.|||Have you considered putting any points into Guided Arrow? I have an 83 strafezon with somewhat similar equipment (no Fort or Torch, but I do have an Atma's), and she hasn't had much trouble with Diablo since she was 80. Fire a few GA's, run, Fire a few GA's, run.|||On the last Ladder I made an Daggerzon based on the guide in the sticky.

It was quite fun but rather slow in the killing department.

One thing I noticed is that when running norm and nm diablo I never really got hurt by the big D and his flames.

Im guessing its due being so close to him, but I don't really know.

I never got to hell Diablo with the build, but I would imagine that the same could work there.

Just put on some LL, CB and a good dagger (I used a Ghostflame) and it might work out.

Just to try something different

Anders|||Replace one of the RFs with a Dwarf Star ftw.

1 comment:

  1. El Yucateco, Hot Sauce, El Yucateco, Chile Habanero - Mapyro
    A complete and honest review of 속초 출장안마 El Yucateco, a mexican company that produces El Yucateco 경기도 출장마사지 hot 충주 출장마사지 sauce, Chile Habanero, 보령 출장마사지 4 대전광역 출장마사지 fl oz, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete