Saturday, April 21, 2012

What upgrades can I make to my Strafe/Multi Bowazon?

Hey all. So I have only made one bowazon in the past which was Chipmc's WWS pit strafer. I just started my new bowazon this ladder and am just about to start Hell difficulty. I have her "end game" gear on her now but I dont know what I could switch out to increase her damage or what else I might need. Here's her equipment at lvl 73 so far:

Helm: SteelSkull

Ammy: Atmas

Armor: Treachery in Dusk Shroud

Belt: Razortail

Gloves: LoH

Boots: Gores

Ring1: RavenFrost

Ring2: Manald Heal

Bow: WF (not socketed yet)

Inventory: 14/19 Torch

I think I can ditch the manald now that I can use my WF. I was also thinking of dropping the Gores for WT's for the extra damage. My resists suck but I have yet to play through Hell difficulty yet which I always solo my way through on all my chars just to make sure the build works.

Skills I believe are:

Strafe: max

Multi: I know I shoot like 14 arrows. Not sure what final skill was off the bat

Valk: Max

D/A/E: 1 point each

CS: 1 point

Penetrate: Max

Pierce: 1 point at the moment but I know it needs to be higher

I am looking for not too expensive solutions because once I am done with Hell I think I might switch her to either full Jav and pvp or switch her to a Fishy and run CS/Pits/WSK with her.

Any advice or critiques are welcome and ty in advance!|||You can easily ditch the manald. WF alone has enough mana leech. If you are worried about resists, you could swap the Treachery for something else. If you have shael'd the WF it will be a difference of about one frame in multi-shot and you will be firing at 5/3/3/3/8 Strafe.|||Ya I think I will ditch the manald now that I can equip my WF. What about a Kiras in place of Steelskull? That would give huge resists but with a loss of IAS. Do I need that IAS from Steelskull though? If I did I figure I could just ias jewel the Kiras.

Also I have about 600 life, should I pump dex from here on out to boost damage or get life to about 700 and then pump dex?|||It depends on what you want to do with your zon.

If you want to MF with her then I would Shael the WF, replace treachery with a Ptopaz'd Skullders, Ptopaz your Stealskull, replace gores with a low cheap Travs, replace Manald with Nagel.

If you just want optimal damage for playing through hell then I would throw a cheap enhanced damage Jewel (+37-40%ED) in the WF, throw a cheap max damage Jewel (+14-30max) in the Helm, swap Gores for Travs, replace Manald with any rare ring with +min/+max/+ar

In both circumstances Get pierce to 9 after +skills (so if you're only using a zon torch then 6 base, 5 base if you use Skullders etc.) Then crank CS. Doing those two things will significantly increase your damage output.|||Very good information Rane ty. I think you covered everything. I just want to make sure but it looks like its this way from your post, ed jewels only work if placed in the weapon, but +max can be put anywhere correct?

Thanks for the great responses guys.|||My Bowazon ended up being like this:

Atmas Scarab, 20/200+ ravenfrost, 8LL rare dex resist ring, razortail, LoH, War Travs, Windforce Shael'd, Andys Visage Ral'd, was using upped Twitchthroe while I was trying to hunt down a Lo for Fort. Had a torch/anni/max+min+AR charms mostly.

Had max valk, penetrate, strafe. A few in Pierce to get to 100% with the razortail. She cleans up the pits real fast, but the next step is a Faith merc and I don't have the wealth at the moment because I am pumping everything into a Frenzy barb :-)|||Both ED% jewels and +Max jewels work anywhere. However due to the way damage is calculated (particularly on a bowazon) it is far far far more efficient to put ED% on the weapon than off the weapon.

Truth be told if you can afford a slew of 40%ED jewels I'd stick them everywhere, on weapon and off. But speaking from a budget perspective +15max offweapon is still good and one 35+%ED jewel on weapon goes a long way.|||if you dont have fortitude armor or off weapon ED then cow king can be a good choice for boots. wartrav is better in terms of mf but i would prefer cowking for style also it is generally cheaper then high mf wartrav.|||Treachery is also a poor choice for a pure strafer, since IAS is not that crucial. Lionheart is a better option since it comes with big life, some res, and +damage/+stats that let you pump dex for more +damage; IIRC you get 95% ED on Lionheart between the +Damage, +Dex, and +Str(=Dex)

WF Shael + LoH is enough to get you to a decent Strafe BP. Your resists will also always suck, even with WWS; you're a bowazon, thats just how it is |||That's nice gear overall, stealskull is a nice helm not just for ias and life steal but also the mf. Like others have said, resists on a bowazon will suck but one thing you can do is have switch gear for those situations when u need a boost to resists. Generally I wear skullders, stealskull and 20ias mf gloves but switch these out for smoke, kiras and loh when doing things like killing Diablo. Damage output will be good with the windforce/atmas combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment