Saturday, April 21, 2012

Viable v1.13 build or not?

Greetings,

I'm just about to start a new Amazon, and I just want to see what more experienced players think of my proposed build. I like javazons in general, but that often leaves my second weapon slot vacant, because they're just so good to play untwinked. So I'm toying with the idea of a hybrizon so I can add a bow to my arsenal�but such builds seem to be a thing of the past.

Anyway, I'm thinking of the following:

1 in Jab, Impale, & Fend (the first and last of which can be useful on occasion).

20 in Charged Strike & Lightning Fury (plus 1 in all prerequisites).

9 in Valkyrie (with 1 in all prerequisites).

1 in Critical Strike, 20 in Penetrate, 4 in Pierce.

20 in Guided Arrow (with 1 in all prerequisites).

I realise that build has some obvious short-fallings, but a myriad of +skill gear can fix that�which I have in abeyance thanks to GoMule. And the over-dependence on Penetrate might seem dumb, given my beefed-up Guided Arrow and Lightning Fury, but I figure it will help with immunes, and will compliment Charged Strike, Jab and Fend.

I guess what I'm asking is: although this is hardly an ideal build, do you think this build would be playable throughout Hell? Because I intended for this to be my first character that I work all the way to level 99. Thanks.|||If your going jab/fend I don't see the point of guided arrow. It's not the best choice for a physical ranged attack to begin with.|||My only thought was that it would give me something to put in my alternate weapon slot: a bow. Given that most javazon builds are done after 70 or so skill points are invested, I just figured I put the rest into Guided Arrow for help with bosses and immunes.

Edit: Hmm, what about simple 1 point in Guided Arrow? With only 4 points in the Bow tree, that frees up a lot more for investment elsewhere. But my question then becomes, is Guided Arrow still useful after such measly investment. Thoughts?|||While that build does seem viable it sounds like immunes would still be frustrating using GA as backup because it's single target and slow, plus it does not work with pierce which is then somewhat wasted points... Also my opinion is that the valk/decoy and passives are good enough as 1 pointers leaving gear to increase them and investing the hard points in your damage skills instead where they are much more effective.

Honestly though if you want to go jav/bow hybrid then check out the fishyzon guide if you haven't already; it seems to be *from experience* one of the best combination of skills so that your gear complements both sides, seeing as +skills will then improve your bow damage as well as jav.

My version of the fishyz only puts 20 points in FA and stops there, because considering the freeze I felt the damage was fine with enough +skills and ias to handle packs of fast immunes, while leaving the lightning skills stronger as you can get a third synergy. I much prefer to beef up the lightning side and have the bow only as a backup rather than balancing both. You also still have jab to deal with single immunes, and the occasional cold/light immune boss.|||Cheers for that.

Edit: After thoroughly reading through the Fishyzon guide—and doing a bit more research on the side—I'm starting to see just how stupid my proposed build above would be. 20 Penetrate sounds fantastic on paper, but from the looks of it most skills get their attack rating bumped anyway, and +skills will take it to around 8–10 anyway.

My only concern with the Fishyzon guide is that it's specifically tailored to the running the Worldstone Keep and Baal. I don't want a build that is "blinkered" like that, I want a build that can be used for anything. So here's what I'm thinking now:

Javelin & Spear Skills

20 Charged Strike (bosses)

20 Lightning Fury (crowds)

1 in all prerequisites.

Passive & Magic Skills

10 Valkyrie (tank)

2 Pierce (which with Razortail and +skills will be at 100%)

1 in all prerequisites.

Bow & Crossbow Skills

20 Cold Arrow (Lightning Immunes + Synergy)

20 Freezing Arrow (Lightning Immunes)

1 Ice Arrow (as a prerequisite)

As well as...

1 Magic Arrow

1 Multiple Shot

1 Guided Arrow

1 Strafe

... which will +skills should all be useful enough in specific areas. And I must say, that build is looking kind of awesome on paper.

I had intentions of using an Act 1 hireling—but given my skill set, that is probably redundant now. Any thoughts on which is the best alternative? Or could I still get by with a rouge scout at my side? I kind of had my heart set on one, because I've used all the other mercs with other characters and was looking for a change.|||That's the entire point of the build is to have a light jav that can run *anywhere* _including_ wsk, not exclusively... The guide only makes a point about it because it can, since the whole idea of having the bow skill with splash damage is for dealing with packs of immunes without infinity where jab or guided or whatever else would be way too slow and ineffective. Once you get infinity you can ditch the whole thing and just respec to pure light, but in the meantime +1 for this build because she can solo anything and everything in the game including packs of nasty gloams/souls, not just poor helpless cows heh.

Though after trying the original fishyz and lacking enough ligh damage to call myself a light jav, then modifying it to using FA without synergy, I'm actually thinking of testing fire arrow instead. Gloams/souls can't be frozen anyway, and have 33 cold res vs 0 to fire.

As far as the merc goes, I find the rogues pretty blah unless you're willing to deck her out with faith... Better use is a A2 might merc with insight, because as you will notice FA is extremely mana intensive ( understatement even), and the might will increase his helping power vs immunes as well as your jab for the occasional immune to both light/cold.|||Quote:








Though after trying the original fishyz and lacking enough ligh damage to call myself a light jav, then modifying it to using FA without synergy, I'm actually thinking of testing fire arrow instead. Gloams/souls can't be frozen anyway, and have 33 cold res vs 0 to fire.




I'd be very interested to hear how that turns out. I was thinking of maybe ditching one of the frost arrow skills in favour of fire, just so I could have three elements at the ready. But I don't have enough experience with Hell, which makes me hesitant to ditch traditional builds. I want this build of mine to be the crowning achievement that gets me to level 99 after all.|||I think Fire Arrow with Lightning Fury sounds pretty nice. Frozen Arrow sucks up ALOT of mana fast. Lightning Fury sucks up alot, but it only takes a few to wipe out an entire mob so it's not nearly as bad.

Only bad thing I can think about Fire Arrow vs Immolation Arrow is that conversion to pure fire dmg would reduce your mana leech. But it still works very well, considering ALOT of monsters in hell have some or alot of physical resistance.|||Well, if I recall correctly, Fire Arrow (without synergies) will end up doing much less damage than Immolation Arrow—and that's more of a concern. Having 20 in Freezing Arrow and Immolation Arrow sounds nice, but the lack of synergies in the bow tree might render both skills mostly useless anyway.

*Grrrr* I just don't know what to do :-(.

At the end of the day, I can always experiment and respec.

Edit: Wait a second, isn't Immolation Arrow the one with the delay? Well, that probably rules that out. And neither Fire Arrow nor Exploding Arrow do enough damage on their own. Maybe a trihybrizon (or maybe that should just be "tribrizon") is asking for too much.|||Actually when I said Fire Arrow I was in fact thinking of Exploding Arrow (lol I had the splash damage like FA in mind)...


Quote:




Wait a second, isn't Immolation Arrow the one with the delay? Well, that probably rules that out. And neither Fire Arrow nor Exploding Arrow do enough damage on their own.




Looking at a 1.13 skill calc* and crunching numbers to get an idea that's also my concern.

*[http://diablo3.ingame.de/spiel/skill...g=en&char=ama]

For example my unsynergized slvl 34 FA (20base +2bowskills & +12allskills) does 701-712; with 70ias (I know, missing 5! for the next bp...) on a -10 base speed bow that's still 9fpa, for a grand total of 1907.5 dps average. Compared to that, unsynergized Exploding Arrow does nowhere near that much at the same skill level, and though Immolation Arrow by itself would come close at just over 1K plus the afterburn, it's stuck at 1 second cast delay so no room for improvement without spending precious skill points. So at a glance I don't think any of the fire skills would really offer any advantage over cold even considering the 33 resistance difference when gloams are concerned... Someone please correct me if I'm missing something.

To be honest if I were you I would just build according to the guide, or my unsynergized version for now since you know it works right out of the box, and perhaps experiment later. I've got 1 free respec and a token handy, so I might still test either exploding or immolation arrow just for fun in case a few quick calculations didn't cover everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment