Saturday, April 21, 2012

Piercing attack - don't need Pierce skill?

My bow Amazon started using her new bow - Kuko Shakaku and I noticed something. It has Piercing attack (50) as an attribute. Does this mean I can skip putting points into the Pierce skill until I start using a bow that doesn't have a piercing attack?

OR does the bow attribute and the skill work together additionally? Could I add the razortail belt for even more?

Once I hit 30 and unlocked the best skills, I've found myself wishing I had more skill points to spare.|||Quote:








My bow Amazon started using her new bow - Kuko Shakaku and I noticed something. It has Piercing attack (50) as an attribute. Does this mean I can skip putting points into the Pierce skill until I start using a bow that doesn't have a piercing attack?




The pierce on the bow and the pierce from the skill are identical. They stack by a simply addition - same with razortails btw.


Quote:




Once I hit 30 and unlocked the best skills, I've found myself wishing I had more skill points to spare.




For what skills do you need all those points? With the 50 pierce, more then one point is over kill at lvl 30. Though I would still try to get one point in there. It should be a much large increase then a point elsewhere.|||I always recommend at least the 1-pt into Pierce, it will get boosted by +skills gear and stack with any other Pierce mods you have from equipment..|||The only time you dont put 1 pt in Pierce is if you're planning on sticking with Buriza, which has 100% pierce

Otherwise all your Pierce sources add together. Generally the rule of thumb is 9 points in Pierce after +skills to reach 100% pierce with Razortail, since no endgame bows have innate pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment