Thursday, April 12, 2012

M'avinas -> viable? Which build?

[:1]Hello,

I just returned to D2 a few weeks ago.

Since then I made a Asn with full Nats Set... which sucks and a full IK-barb... which rocks!

Now I'm thinking about creating a full M'avinas Amazon.

Is this set any good? Maybe compared to the useless Natalyas and the great IK set?

Which build should I aim at when wearing the full set?

Which items should I use in the spare slots?

Thanks in advance!|||I used Mav's set on a FA / strafer. Was quite viable, although perhaps not as fast a killer as a Windforce build.|||I went for Freezing Arrow/Strafe aswell. Quite viable and very fun build to play with. I don't remember exactly what i put in the other slots, though I almost certainly went with Eye of Etlich amulet for the +skill and extra cold duration. Zon torches are not expensive to get either. Pretty much you want to fill for resists and life, though the set itself already gives you plenty of everything, it's an easy task. Gore Rider boots is useful for killing bosses for the added Crushing Blow...|||fa/strafe

and make sure you got 120 overall ias to reach a strafe.bp.

ammy-hl

rongs-raven and a leech ring

boots-wt

merc is the tricky part though. insight/infinity/reapers/pride a2 nm offensive

or also a faith rogue

i havent really tested all these options to give a good advice. insight doesn't refill fast enough and pride is very expensive.infinity might be a good option.|||Speaking of M'avina's: I know that most of the set won't be available until at least Act II Hell (and some of it at Act IV/V Hell). However, I am wondering where the best odds of me getting set items comes into play, and who I should make runs on to maximize my chances of getting the various set items? I'm operating mostly off the 1.10 Treasure Class and the 1.10 SuperUniques tables here on the site, but I'm not sure if that information is now totally obsolete and fallen by the wayside.|||Nat's set does suck, I'd rate the viability of the sets something like this:

Very viable:

Tal Rasha

Immortal King

Somewhat viable:

M'avina

Not viable: (not viable meaning significantly worse than equivalently difficult to acquire uniques/runewords/partial sets)

Aldur

Natalya

Griswold

Even the "not viable" ones can work with some fanageling, and a willingness not to be "uber."

As for M'avina in particular, I tend to agree with others that a strafe/FA build is a pretty good way to go.

Maybe slightly off topic but who the heck thought it was a good idea for Nat's boots to be anything other than myrmidon greaves? I mean the set still would suck even if they were, but it shows an obscene lack of thought on the part of the design team.|||Easymode.

20 Freezing Arrow

20 Cold Arrow (Synergy)

There, you have a main attack.

10-20 Penetrate.

You want your arrows to actually hit stuff. Attack Rating is good. Aim for 8-10K.

If you're using an Infinity mercenary, you can ignore penetrate.

+1 Strafe [Up to 6 after adders]

+1 Multiple Shot [6-10 after adders]

+1 Pierce

+1 Decoy

+1 Valkyrie [Up to 17 after adders]

If you're using KB, you can strafe/fire most monsters into a wall and have little use for a real Valkyrie.

If you're not using KB, spend more in Valkyrie so she can tank for you and also deal some physical damage.

The set itself has a lot of item bonuses, but it does miss out on a few things that I like: Life Leech, Mana Leech (It has some, but I'd aim for enough to keep FA going).

Strafe breakpoints that are important:

46% IAS 10/3

80% IAS 9/3

Regular attack breakpoints:

56% IAS, 10 frames

89% IAS, 9 frames

Out of the box, the set grants 70% IAS. I do suggest getting to the 9 frame normal attack bp, it's pretty clutch.

Open spots: 2 armor sockets, 1 weapon socket, 2x rings, amulet, boots.

Some combination of those should get you everything you need - at a glance I'm not really sure of which combo I like better, so...

2x Ravenfrost (Mana, Cold, AR)

Highlord's Wrath (9/3, 9 frame attacks!)

Cold Facets -> Helm & Armor (Damage!)

Perfect Skull -> Bow (Leech!)

War Traveler OR Marrowwalk (Bone Prison your friends in with Lister...)

Stats:

STR: Just enough (mind the set bonuses...)

DEX: A lot. Everything else.

VIT: Hardly any.

ENR: Zip.

I built this character, but I did use Buriza instead of the set (didn't have it...). I think it will work out great.|||Quote:








Nat's set does suck, I'd rate the viability of the sets something like this:

Very viable:

Tal Rasha

Immortal King

Somewhat viable:

M'avina

Not viable: (not viable meaning significantly worse than equivalently difficult to acquire uniques/runewords/partial sets)

Aldur

Natalya

Griswold

Even the "not viable" ones can work with some fanageling, and a willingness not to be "uber.".




Griswold set is special, it is either perfect or useless depending on your build.|||Quote:








Griswold set is special, it is either perfect or useless depending on your build.




I agree. Also, his post makes no mention of Trangs set

On topic, I have played a FA zon using full mavs and it's pretty good.|||Quote:








I agree. Also, his post makes no mention of Trangs set

On topic, I have played a FA zon using full mavs and it's pretty good.




how do you guys rate the necro set? not sure if i should try to complete mine

Don't want to change subjects, just asking

No comments:

Post a Comment