Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dexterity for a Fishyzon?

[:1]Hello - I saw in the fishyzon guide that you want enough dex to be able to mount your gear, and so that you don't poke out your eye with your shield..

I'm a fishyzon using Moser's with 2 Perfect Diamonds in it for res.. I have enough dex to handle my gear, but what sort of block % should I aim for?

I tried doing some searching but wasn't able to find what I was looking for - If I completely missed it I do apologize|||Without pumping Dex to attempt max block, I'd say just enough for your gear if you're using mossers. Even with just your gear requirements met, you should still be able to get between 50-60% max block. Just remember it's 1/3 while you run.|||Quote:








I have enough dex to handle my gear, but what sort of block % should I aim for?




There's really only two possible answers to that question for any character. Either max block, or get just enough dex for gear.

The reason is that block chance increases linearly with dex, but survivability increases asymptotically with block chance (although the asymptote is not at max block). As such dex points spent near max block have a much higher return on investment than dex points spent at lower block numbers.

Investing in dex purely to raise block, if you aren't going all the way to max, is a poor investment.

As for whether or not to max block on a fishy, IMHO it can be a good idea if you plan to use a shield with high base blocking. Fishys spend a fair amount of time in melee, and often don't get valk. With stormshield I would definitely max block. With mosers... meh, I could go either way. It is 10% lower blocking so it is going to take more dex.

I don't really see that much point in mosers, you need to be resist capped with a bow for taking on gloams, so having a resist shield paired with your java doesn't make a lot of sense. Better to use stormshield (max block), or even spirit, lidless, rhyme, or splendor (no max block).

No comments:

Post a Comment