Thursday, April 12, 2012

Javazon having trouble

[:1]Hey, I just came back to diablo 2 after 7 or so years away and I have a lightning fury javazon I've played through hell, and I want to use her to start finding items.

My gear setup at the moment is:

titans

rhyme grim shield

duriel's shell (eth skullders with ptop for MF)

shako with ptop

gloom's trap

rare resist/MF gloves and boots

for rings and amulets I have resist all for when i need it and MF for when I don't

for switch I have a magewrath bow (I also have a cliffkiller)

my merc is using a shaftstop, insight partizan, guillames face

my skills are maxed charged strike, lightning fury, and valkyrie. one point everywhere else except for pierce (i spent about 3 or 4 hard points). I also put one point into the bow skills to get freezing arrow and guided arrow.

Obviously, I'd love an infinity for my merc so I could LF/CS everything, but I think 2 ber's are way out of range at the moment. But in the meantime, where is a good place to MF where there aren't many lightning immunes? Everytime I run into LI's, I have to switch to my bow and frozen arrow the pack and let my valk/merc kill them which takes awhile. Also, is it possible to boost my physical or cold damage while still maintaining my points in CS/LF? I'm considering finding an elite 4os bow or xbow for harmony, but would that be a noticeable boost over my magewrath? Should I put more points into freezing arrow?

I miss my pimped out javazon I had years ago with enigma and infinity that could steamroll a hell baal run in minutes! Sorry for the long post, but thank you for any feedback!|||I'll start with some observations on your merc first. Firstly, I would strongly recommend putting some source of life leech on him so he can keep himself alive without you need to feed him a life pot every now and again. Him using an insight polearm will probably free up your gear selections and rely lesser on mana leech when throwing javas around. Your merc's armor and pole seems fine, although I would recommend putting a vamp gaze, stealskull, crown of thieves, or tal rasha mask on him for their life leech properties.

Coming to your character's gear; you can pair up skullders with rhyme shield for it's CBF (cant be frozen) mod, resist and some mf. Or if you prefer duriel's shell for it's additional resist, consider making a splendor or spirit monarch for the extra +skills to boost your java lightning dmg. Gloom trap does offer mana leech to help replenish your mana bulb should your java attacks drain more mana than your merc's insight can refill; this usually happens when your mana pool is low and insight's meditation aura replenishes it slower than preferred. If you have a substantially larger mana pool, consider going for goldwrap or any mf/resist/stat belt you can get your hands on to maximize your mf.

Should you feel that you seriously lack decent resist to stay alive in NM/Hell games, consider using duriel shell on a full time basis, or make a Smoke (Nef + Lum) runeword armor for its 50 resist and 20FHR if you do not have a vipermagi handy.

I am not sure if you character MFs on a regular basis, but that is what I think you might be doing since you just came back to D2.|||From what I've gathered in your post, you've still got Level 1 Freezing Arrow with a Level 1 Cold Arrow synergy. With Shako, Skulder, and Magewrath, that comes out to a Level 4 Freezing Arrow dealing ~100 average Cold damage and ~300 average Physical damage per arrow, firing at 13 frames per attack. A Harmony GMB would boost this to ~500 Physical damage and add ~300 elemental damage. Your merc deals ~900 total damage at 9 frames per attack, while your Amazon deals some variable amount of damage which may or may not kill small enemies in Hell mode.

That sucks.

Fortunately, there are a lot of options for improving these numbers. My suggestions:

1. Respec to put hard points into Freezing Arrow. Level 1 Pierce and Level 1 Valk should work okay with some +Skill gear, so you can pour the rest of your points into CS, LF, Freezing Arrow, and Cold Arrow. Without any gear changes, this will boost your Freezing Arrow damage to ~600.

2. Get your merc a bigger stick. Since you're actually utilizing his damage as a backup attack, his polearm damage matters.

3. Razortail belt will help you max out your pierce (and it's cheap).

4. A Melody Bow will boost your Arrow damage substantially (and it's cheap enough to make in a 3os Hunter's Bow without feeling remorse later).

5. Look for more IAS gear- Treachery armor, Cat's Eye/Highlord's Wrath, IAS gloves, and IAS jewels can all enormously improve your damage output with javelins and bows.

And to answer your first question: the Arcane Sanctuary is free from LI monsters beside Lightning Spires, but it's not a great MF area (low monster levels, lowish boss density). The Chaos Sanctuary is probably a better bet; the only LIs are Storm Casters, which are fairly weak and have low HP.|||Thanks for the advice! I checked my skills tree again, and I had put quite a few points into Lightning strike for the synergy to charged strike. I might take those out and put them into freezing arrow for the time being. Also just found a tals helm that I put on my merc. The resist all and the life steal are helping quite a bit.|||Go old school and do hell cows the zone where javasons were made for. Tond of mobs and because king is LI you don't have to worry about killing him. Just pick up eth and socketed weapons and sell them for runes or maybe find some runes in cows.|||Quote:








Go old school and do hell cows the zone where javasons were made for. Tond of mobs and because king is LI you don't have to worry about killing him. Just pick up eth and socketed weapons and sell them for runes or maybe find some runes in cows.




The King may be LI but not overly LI. He can be killed with a lightning amazon, and sometimes quite easily. The damage from the javelin is physical and if you have any - to enemy lightning resist he can be killed. So be careful in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment