Saturday, April 14, 2012

freezing arrow / strafe pvm help yo

[:1]i just started my first ladder character so i basically do not have anything good except a pcomb w 9 life that i found. anyways i got a few q's about this build that i hope will be answered:

1. Mana problems - i have mad mana problems and some dude said not to get leech cuz its not melee attack and wont help as much and he said get mana regen stuff or an insight merc. Do all pvm frost maidens use mana regen or leech?

2. Damage problems - i dont have a torch nor 9x bow crossbow gcs but i do use a widowmaker i got for cheap. the dmg is a little bit less than what a full on faith bow does, yet i do BARELY anything to act four monsters in hell. does using faith make it 10x better? my freezing arrow does like 1.3k, is that enough to survive in hell?

3. i maxed the 2 cold arrows, should i max out valk, strafe, or split up everything?

4. If there are any items that are cheap and effecient, i welcome all suggestions.|||if i may:

1. Insight kicks a**!!!.... if you enjoy having a misty looking aura. (I hear some people prefer to look like a vampire; to each, their own). Mana Leech/Ranged works just fine. Most Bowazons have mana problems in their gestating years> I had a nice 17Med Bec for my adolescence. But for later: cheap is GOOOD! I've been rocking a 15 IAS'ed Tal Mask long enough for my nieces to recognize my purpped up horns. Or a ring. Or whatever. My point being: give your ubiquitous Act 2 NM Scrub something fun/different that manages to sassify LL/IAS brkpnts/dmg.

2. wait... Widowmaker... PvP? If so, ignore this as it is not my forte. But if PvM, DO NOT go dropping Puls on Bow skillers. They're cheap b/c the sellers know they're worthless. Keep your eyeball-mouths feasting on dmg/ar charms. For cheap/efficient: I've been using an Upped Witchwild since early NM> see the guides on this forum for advice; I'd say I wouldn't trade it for Faith, but I just found an Ohm and the WWS has got me rich enough to roll.

3. Tried and True: Strafe/FA works. Very well. So does the Chunky Blonde. I hate hearing (no offense) all of these forum peeps knocking the Valk. I've used mine to solo her way through Boss Packs to re-claim my body, I keep a +3 P/M ammy and 2 GC's to buff her when the situation calls for it. I LOVE getting surprised when she gets a crazy high-lvl rare mod like Slows Target.

4. See #2. Witchwild String is sooooo cheap and customizable/efficient. If not, I find peeps giving away Eaglehorns on the reg.|||I keep forgetting the real reason I love my WWS (an why I'll probably Ohm it). 40@ res. Forget all this mumbo-jumbo you'll hear on guides about Bowas not needing def or res. You're gonna get hit. Period. I'll trade some dmg for fire/lite res any day.|||See if you can find WWS. It is a great little cheap bow. Get some cold damage small charms. They add to your freeze length with FA so they are worth it. Each second critters are frozen and not moving towards you means you're still alive dealing damage. A might merc will help your damage output, too. Like the other poster said, mana is a problem until the level 50 or 60. By that time if you have enough mana leech you can leech fast enough to refill your bulb with strafe while dealing heaps of damage with FA.

There are some decent guides for gear suggestions in our build sticky. Check them out for gear upgrades.|||5 to 7% ML should be sufficient with the bow you are using. Attack sequence should be to start with strafe, this gives you the general direction of monsters, then fire off a couple freezing arrows, strafe to fill your mana and repeat.

If you have a difficult time with leech then I would look to improve attack rating. AR is important for strafe, not so for freezing arrows. Standing in one place surround by targets with the strafe animation going off but nothing being killed and/or your mana going dry is a pretty good sign your AR needs to be higher. I am sure you realize that the pierce skill will enhance leeching as well.

Widowmaker is enough bow to play thru Hell. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment