Thursday, April 12, 2012

What do you do with your Javazon?

[:1]My java just hit 85 and now has around 900 life and positive (but not maxed!) resistances in hell, along with 75% block (Stormshield).

I've been using her to run Eldritch and Pindle and haven't found anything of real use. I did manage to do a solo walkthrough of Baal yesterday and that felt good--despite using 15 full rejuvs. =P

So what does everyone else do? What are the good magic find spots for a javazon specifically? I'm sporting only around 200% MF right now, but this is my first character (in a few years) and I'd like to use her to build a sorc and maybe a barb or paladin.

I've found that cows are ok--but my Insight merc gets destroyed and while he's dead, I have mana problems and resurrecting him is getting expensive.

I was thinking about The Pit, but I don't think I have the MF to make that profitable.|||The pit is a good place since it can drop items of any sort. 200% MF is pretty decent for a Javazon. Probably the most you'll get without sacrificing more killing power. What is your gear list?

Mine just sits there these days at level 92. I ran hundreds of public Baal runs to get her there. It seems that public Baal runs aren't what they used to be. Can't find a full game to save my life.|||I'm actually running almost 300% now, and am fine with my killing speed (probably slow, but I don't know the difference).

I've been doing Pit (and Eldritch/Pindle).

Helm: Shako

Weap/Shield: 196 Titans // Rhyme Grim

Armor: Skullders

Gloves: Rare MF/Resist

Belt: Razortail

Boots: 40% War Trav

Amulet: Rare MF/Resist

Rings: 2x Nagels

I'm thinking about using a respec to go hybrid for the lightning immunes--I would really enjoy CS runs, but those damned LIs are a pain.

I'm not sure how many points in the bow tree are necessary to make it workable. I found Mavina's bow and figure I can use that on switch.|||Try a fishyzon dude

.. or have you?


Quote:








I'm thinking about using a respec to go hybrid for the lightning immunes--I would really enjoy CS runs, but those damned LIs are a pain.

I'm not sure how many points in the bow tree are necessary to make it workable. I found Mavina's bow and figure I can use that on switch.




40 + 1 pierce & 1 decoy|||not sure if it will work but i will try below setup with my java when i respec:

- full lite java

- no valkryie (takes many skill points)

- 1pt penetrate (hope this is enough) and 1pt impale (titan will repair self so no worry about dura)

- on switch lacerator & HeadHunterGlory with 3IAS/AR jewel

on (unbreakable) LI i will switch to lacerator, throw some until amplify proc, then switch to titan again and impale them to death. lvl15 impale gives %650edmg and with an upped eth titan it will be around 225 * 6.5 ~= 1300 (not including amplify bonus and str/dex). yea it will be slow but merc (if applicable a valkryie) can kill a amplified LI way faster than my javazon. if implae is too slow i will also try fend.

this is a theory though and havenot tested yet. this is sth i made up for (even with conviction) unbreakable PI/LI cow king

EDIT: @Obdob, yea i know it is slow but i wont be convinced until i see myself|||@mackscynox

Impale really is not worth it. Jab for single target and Fend for groups is so much better. Impale is just way to sssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo ooooooooowwwwwwww.|||How would one try and deal with the LIs? Would it be better to skill up jab with an alternate weapon or plague/poison jav?|||Quote:








How would one try and deal with the LIs? Would it be better to skill up jab with an alternate weapon or plague/poison jav?




I ended up respeccing to deal with them. =P

I was lucky to get some nice items from for trade (and some amazing charity from guys around here!), so the respec was an option.

Otherwise, I just let my merc and valk take care of them. For regular LIs it wasn't really a problem as they would still take damage. Not sure of the mechanics of how that worked though.|||good places for a java are any crowded places really. cows, cs, wsk come to mind. and you should give your merc an infinity, and use some MAEK equips like the silkweaves and mana potions. insight is just for lazy javas imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment